CALDERYS Expertise in Petrochem
Calderys has over 100 years of successful activity in the worldwide Petrochem industry, where we are considered as a reference supplier. Our most recent partnerships formed in South East Asia, India, Middle East, Russia, Poland and the Netherlands exemplify our pioneering, and implementation, of innovative monolithic products and design solutions safeguarded by profitability thanks to better energy efficiency, reduced maintenance downtime, and longer repair cycles. Our worldwide presence and local experience allows us to offer the most suitable and cost effective technical solutions that contribute to our customers' productivity and efficiency. For the Petrochem industry, we focus our efforts on the following concerns:
- Safety, reliability, and productivity of equipment
- Improving resistance to thermal shock in sulphur recovery units, abrasion in FCC, and corrosion in all equipments
We offer a full range of products and solutions based on our monolithic refractory range.
The products are specific refractory products which meet all appropriate HCP standard Engineering specifications. Calderys products service many different types of units in the petrochem industry such as:
- Crude & Vacuum Distillation Units
- Catalytic Reformer Furnaces
- Fired Heaters
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units (FCC)
- Sulphur recovery Units (SRU)/Claus Combustion Chambers
- Ethylene Furnaces
- Ammonia Plants or Hydrogen Plants
- Transfer Lines
- Coke Calciners
- Carbon Black Reactors
These units suffer from various stresses such as severe abrasion, acid corrosion, CO & H2 corrosion, and thermal shock. Calderys offers a specific range of monolithics fulfilling the strict requirements of the petrochem OEM and end users. Due to Calderys' longstanding success in the market, our monolithic products are trusted and well-known. For first or second layer the range includes:
- Dense castables demonstrating abrasion resistance: Calderys has developed high purity raw material based products (available as cast or gunned installation) with extra low iron levels which are specific to ammonia and hydrogen reformers. CALDE™ CAST 40 TR is a prime example from this product range. In order to fight medium, high, or very high abrasion, abrasion resistant castables, such as CALDE™ CAST MF 55 G4, serve as a reference. Calderys' medium weight dense castable range includes CALDE™ CAST MW STRONG LITE—one of the leading products on the market.
- Insulating castables for low heat loss and resistance to CO & H2 corrosion: Calderys has developed a leading range of very lightweight products (CALDE™ CAST LW 134 C/G, CALDE™ CAST XL 106 C/G and CALDE™ CAST LW MIX 124 C/G) which ensures minimized heat loss for the equipment. For the front layer with medium weight insulation and good mechanical strength, products like CALDE™ CAST MW 25 C/G and CALDE™ CAST MW STRONG LITE are needed. When the lining is under Carbone monoxyde and hydrogene corrosion stress, Calderys is able to protect the walls with CALDE™ CAST LW 154 CO and CALDE™ CAST MW 180 CO.
- Very high abrasion resistant patches: Calderys has optimised a full range of patching products which are easy to install by patching. Some of them can also be casted and gunned, such as CALDE™ PATCH PT 86 2CP, CALDE™ STIX PB 85 C/G and CALDE™ PATCH PT 90 HR.
- Ramming mixes: Calderys well-known range of ramming mixes includes the popular products CALDE™ PLAST C 90 AB and CALDE™ PLAST F 60 AB.
Well aware of refractory and petrochem industry process knowledge, our experienced engineers, supervisors and installers provide expert technical guidance and the best suited installation equipment to ensure refractory performance during service.
Calderys employs dedicated skilled staff and has the latest innovations in refractory installation equipment. This can be applied to small, large, and turnkey projects alike depending on the requirement. Alternatively, we can support the customer's own staff by supervision, project management, equipment, and also direct installation training.
Our aim is to ensure the best installation and dry-out of the refractory so that the customer gets maximum performance.
Once in service, the refractory may require specific maintenance which again can be supplied depending on customer needs. In some cases, and according on the situation, services may be available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, ensuring minimum downtime for the customer—especially for unplanned emergencies.
Our engineering teams, dedicated to the Petrochem industry, help customers meet a wide range of requests such as: refractory lining design, heat transfer calculation, quotation, planning, installation, dry-out. We service the top 10 engineering companies worldwide.
Calderys offers full package refractory solutions with our monolithic products, insulating bricks, fibres and anchors, and installation methods. Calderys is often invited to take part in the development of a technical solution. Familiar with the specific processes of each type of units, we are able to engineer a refractory solution (including mixed - bricks and monolithics- lining), provide project management services, and advise on the proper installation techniques for new projects. We have an excellent reputation for providing reliable solutions and thus have created many long-lasting relationships with our customers, end users, and engineering companies which have praised our products. Our strategic partnerships with the customers ensure that we develop market-oriented solutions. Due to our 100 years of experience in the Petrochem industry segment, Calderys has the capability to become the integrated refractory partner and to meet all the needs from solution design to implementation.
Calderys designs products to increase Alkali resistance. Learn why some castables are enriched with special additives and how others can combat corrosion with a special matrix design.Read more
The Calderys innovative Low Porosity Dense Gunning installation technology can improve jobsite installation efficiency by approximately 50 percent.Read more