In our tap-hole clay, the traditional binder is replaced by a partially bio-sourced material. Another example is our newly patented pump to install DVM (Dry Vibrated Mix) products that significantly reduce dust levels during installation.
Our innovation strategy is supported by 5 priorities
We serve our customers by improving what’s already there — be it revamping equipment to increase yield or tweaking product formulas to cut installation or reparation downtime. For example, our special shotcreting material is 35% faster than standard shotcreting, and 70% faster than regular casting solutions, saving time, labor and money.
We leverage 100 years of expertise, material know-how, and strategic partnerships to push the frontier of high temperature solutions. We are working closely with partners in the steel industry on Direct Reduced Iron (DRI) production using hydrogen instead of coal blast furnaces. Another area of research involves exploring the potential to store heat from blast furnaces and reuse it later.
Our R&D teams continuously develop new formulas to provide sustainable solutions which are focused on three main aspects :
- Removing hazardous materials
- Increased recycling and reuse of materials
- Energy savings and longer product lifetime
Our CALDE® SOL cast technology for incinerators has a much quicker dry-out which reduces commissioning time by around 50% and significantly increases the lifetime.
We are continually upgrading our services and equipment to ensure our products are easy and safe to use. Some of our recent innovations include:
- Developing long-term leasing options for our machinery, offering customers more security and lower monthly costs.
- Devising automation solutions for flux distribution in steel casting on our Indian sites.
We use the latest digital tools for everything from enhancing our interactions with customers to optimizing stock levels to monitoring equipment and refractory processes.
- CALDE. e-Supply allows our customers to track their silo materials in real-time from stock to delivery. Our smart sensors alert the customer when the silo stock is low and send an automatic purchasing order through our ERP system.
- CALDE. Smart Lens enables remote technical support, installation, and training in remote areas. The electronic goggles allow real-time exchanges of on-site technical drawings and pictures between customers and Calderys’ technical experts — leading to instant support, reduced emissions, and safer operations.